The Thompson Mansion was originally built back in 1876 by a man named William H. Thompson. William was born in England in May of 1838. He later made his journey to the United States in March of 1862 where he played a significant role in the settling of St. George. The home has been carefully restored. From the original structure to the wood flooring, it all has been cautiously preserved in order to maintain historic integrity.